Deadline to Apply
DEC 31 2022
The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery is Canada’s leading non-collecting, public art gallery dedicated exclusively to contemporary visual art from Canada and the world. As The Power Plant is a non-profit institution, volunteers are a crucial part of the operations and ongoing success of our public and exhibitions programming.
Volunteer's duties include welcoming and engaging with visitors, promoting upcoming programs and membership benefits, ensuring the security of works in the gallery and asisting with event set-up and take-down.
• Positive and friendly attitude
• Patient and comfortable interacting with children of all ages, as well as from all cultures and abilities
• Good communication skills
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to work well with other volunteers and staff members
• Interest or background in Visual Art or Education
• Honour and fulfill commitments
• Be punctual and reliable
• Accept the guidance and decisions of the supervisor(s)
• Wear a Volunteer ID badge at all times
• Be willing to learn and develop skills for the required position
• Attend any orientation or training sessions required for the chosen position or event
• Work as a team member with staff and fellow volunteers
• Respect fellow volunteers, staff, the public and the confidentiality of information
• Represent The Power Plant and Harbourfront Centre in a positive manner
• Access to artist performances and lectures
• Record of hours
• Complimentary memberships and publications (based on recorded volunteer hours)
Volunteers are expected to commit to two, 3-hour volunteer shift per month for the duration of an exhibition season (approx. 3 months). Volunteers must have completed a minimum of four (4) gallery shifts before becoming eligible for participation in exhibition openings and Power Ball.